Sunday, December 5, 2010

What to read next?

 Option #1 "The Plague" by Albert Camus

Previously I read "The Stranger" by Camus and I was really impressed. I can almost say it changed my life. "Happy Death" was good too. So, why not giving another try?
 Option #2 "A Handful of Dust" by Evelyn Waugh


On Amazon it says " A Handful of Dust, is a sublime example of his bleak satirical style: a mordantly funny exposé of aristocratic decadence and ennui in England between the wars." I don't know it sounds good to me...
Option #3 "White Teeth" by Zadie Smith


From Amazon: "First novelist Zadie Smith takes on race, sex, class, history, and the minefield of gender politics, and such is her wit and inventiveness that these weighty subjects seem effortlessly light. She also has an impressive geographical range, guiding the reader from Jamaica to Turkey to Bangladesh and back again". It is fun to hear about new places. 









 Option #4 "When You are Engulfed in Flames" by David Sedaris

I know it is very famous and I still haven't read it. Only 2.83$ for a used copy not bad at all. 


















Option #5 "The Partly Cloudy Patriot" by Sarah Vowell



Previously I read "Wordy Shipmates" of the same author, but I guess this one is slightly different. But it's OK I like her style a lot. 

No comments:

Post a Comment